Earrings are one of the most important jewelry for several reasons: they are the first thing to be seen at any glance because the earrings are parallel to your eyes. Earrings help to bring out your eye color, hair color, skin tone and facial features. Earrings are what people choose to connect to your face to remind you, so be sure to pick a beautiful pair that fits you well. While there are many unique styles and types, we make the selection process much easier by defining all the secrets of earrings and what outfit they suit best.
Types of earrings
- Drop Earrings (also called dangle/chandelier earrings) dangle from the ear and are made from precious metals with a single or combination of gemstones, diamonds, pearls or just metals. The earrings can be hung directly under your ear or can reach near your shoulders, and they are better paired with dresses (short, long, sleek and modern alike).
- Stud Earring is the simplest and smallest type of earrings. Studs usually consist of one diamond, gemstone, pearl or metal that seems to float in front of the earlobe but are held together with a post that goes through the ear piercing. Studs are a universal earring style and can be worn with any look or outfit including casual, professional, active and dressy.
- Hoop Earrings are exactly how they sound. Hoop Earrings are circular or oval-shaped made from precious metal alone or can be embossed with gemstones, diamonds, and Adidas pearls. Hoop Earrings are perfect to wear with tube tops and dress to emphasize your bare neck. If you want to spice up a plain T-shirt or V-neck, solid metal hoops are the perfect pairing. Remember that hoop earrings are usually larger than your ears, so they can be heavy and boring when worn for a long time.
What could be better than knowing the secrets of earrings? They are obviously a simple piece of jewelry, but you may be shocked to know the intricacies of these simple pieces. Even though there is a lot to learn about these earrings, here are five secrets about earrings that mesmerize you:
- Wear them with any outfit – Earrings go with many casual or formal clothes. They are the perfect choice for every occasion.
- They are a must have – If a woman had only one piece of jewelry to use for the rest of her life, she would hardly find a better choice than earrings. They are so versatile.
- Many options to choose – These earrings come in several different cuts. The most popular cuts are the “round brilliant,” which gives you the most sparkle for your money.
- Size is important – Pay attention to the size of the studs. This makes a stylistic difference when wearing at different times and events.
- The cut matter – Even if everything else is perfect on your diamond earrings, a bad cut can cause the loss of their sparkle. No one wants a dull earring in their earlobe.
- Color is the most important – As with other jewelry, knowing that color is the most obvious and most important secret to know about earrings.